New cooperation, support, sponsorship and agreements
- No new cooperation was established in this period.
Visits to the project in August, September and October 2014
October, 29, 2014: Dalva Aguilar – Agudo/RS
October, 29, 2014: Diego Katzer – EMATER (Organization for technical assistance and rural development) – Agudo/RS
Media coverage on the Small Family Farmers Project
- There was no media coverage on the project.
Major donations in cash
No donations were made over the period. Project activities were funded by non-earmarked donations. For further information, please check CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER website.
For the month to come we need resources in cash amounting to
- USD 555.00 – purchase of roof tiles: For a small processing plant. (Price per unit: USD 0.90 | need: 610)
- USD 555.00 – purchase of bricks: For a small processing plant. (Price per unit: USD 0.45 | need: 1.200)
- USD 388.00 – purchase of cement: For a small processing plant. (50-kilo bags | need: 26 bags)
- USD 290.00 – purchase of electrical and plumbing materials: For the processing facility’s electrical and plumbing installations. (Price for whole system: U$ 290.00)
- USD 499.00 – purchase of floor and wall tiling: The facility must comply with sanitary requirements, hence the tiling. (Price per square meter: USD 4.50 | need: 110)
- USD 208.00 – purchase of a cassava/vegetables wash tank: Stainless steel tanks are necessary to wash the cassava and other produce. (Price per unit: USD 208.00 | need: 1 unit)
- USD 957.00 – purchase of a refrigerator: After the drying process, the cassava is cooled before being finally stored in a cold storage room. (Price per refrigerator: USD 957.00)
- USD 10,579.00 – 1 cassava peeling machine (capacity 500 kg/hour) The price of a cassava peeling machine with a 500-kilo-per-hour capacity is very high.
CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER can buy this machine in 24 monthly payments. You can help us buy this machine by contributing with a monthly payment of USD 475.00. We urgently need to buy this machine.
- DONATIONS NEEDED: Plastic bags (30, 10, 3, 2 and 1 kilos) to store and package cassava and vegetables.