1. New cooperation, support, sponsorship and agreements
No new cooperation were established in this period.
2. Visits to the project in February, March and April 2014
March 30, 2014: João Fernandes do Nascimento – resident in the city of São Paulo, visited the Small Family Farmers Project.
3. Media coverage on the Small Family Farmers Project
There was no media coverage on the project.
4. Major donations in cash
No donations were made over the period. Project activities were funded by non-earmarked donations. For further information, please check CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER website.
5. For the month to come we need resources in cash amounting to
- USD 10,420.00 – 1 cassava peeling machine (capacity 500 kg/hour)
CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER can buy this machine in 24 monthly payments. You can help us buy this machine by contributing with a monthly payment of USD 474.00.
- USD 2,500.00 – purchasing of material to build a small farm processing plant, such as bricks, cement, water plumbing/fixtures and electric materials, floor/wall tiles, tanks to wash cassava and vegetables, 1 refrigerator
- Contribute with USD 40.00 to help build a plant for the farmers engaged in the Small Family Farmers Project in Agudo, in the state of Rio Grande do Sul.
- DONATIONS NEEDED: Plastic bags (30, 10, 3, 2 and 1 kilos) to store and package cassava and vegetables.