1. New cooperation, support, sponsorship and agreements
No new cooperation were established in this period.
2. Visits to the project in May, June and July 2014
There were no visitors.
3. Media coverage on the Small Family Farmers Project
There was no media coverage on the project.
4. Major donations in cash
No donations were made over the period. Project activities were funded by non-earmarked donations. For further information, please check CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER website.
5. For the month to come we need resources in cash amounting to
- USD 555.00 – purchase of roof tiles: For a small processing plant. (Price per unit: USD 0.91 | need: 610)
- USD 549.00 – purchase of bricks: For a small processing plant. (Price per unit: USD 0.45 | need: 1.200)
- USD 388.50 – purchase of cement: For a small processing plant. (50-kilo bags Prize per bag: USD: 10.50 | need: 37 bags)
- USD 290.00 – purchase of electrical and plumbing materials: For the processing facility’s electrical and plumbing installations. (Price for whole system: U$ 290.00)
- USD 498.30 – purchase of floor and wall tiling: The facility must comply with sanitary requirements, hence the tiling. (Price per square meter: USD 4.53 | need: 110)
- USD 208.00 – purchase of a cassava/vegetables wash tank: Stainless steel tanks are necessary to wash the cassava and other produce. (Price per unit: USD 208.00 | need: 1 unit)
- USD 957.00 – purchase of a refrigerator:After the drying process, the cassava is cooled before being finally stored in a cold storage room. (Price per refrigerator: USD 957.00)
- USD 11,364.00 – 1 cassava peeling machine (capacity 500 kg/hour)
The price of a cassava peeling machine with a 500-kilo-per-hour capacity is very high.
CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER can buy this machine in 24 monthly payments. You can help us buy this machine by contributing with a monthly payment of USD 473.00. We urgently need to buy this machine.
DONATIONS NEEDED: Plastic bags (30, 10, 3, 2 and 1 kilos) to store and package cassava and vegetables.