1. New cooperation, support, sponsorship and agreements
CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER signed a new contract with the Cargill Foundation in order to create more school gardens.
The Cargill Foundation is concerned about healthy nutrition while promoting sustainable and responsible economic development to improve living standards and promote stable communities.
Escola Estadual Casimiro de Abreu – The implementation of a school garden was stipulated with the directorship.
2. Visits to the project in November and December 2014 and January 2015
- There were no visits.
3. Media coverage on the School Gardens Project
- Media did not contact the project.
4. Major donations in cash
- There were no major donations in cash.
5. For the coming month we need resources in cash amounting to
- USD 48.00 – purchase of vegetable seedlings: Use of seedlings is intensive, as Brazil’s tropical climate allows us to plant every two months. (Styrofoam boxes each containing 288 vegetable seedlings | need: 10 boxes)
- USD 48.00 – purchase of protection screens: For protecting the beds from the sun and heavy rain. (20- by 10-meter screen | need: 1 screen)
- USD 105.00 – purchase of hoes: Necessary to make the furrows. (Price per unit: USD 7.00 | need: 15 hoes)
- USD 105.00 – purchase of digging blades: Necessary for laying out the beds. (Price per unit: USD 7.00 | need: 15 digging blades)
- USD 285.00 – purchase of irrigation hoses: To irrigate the schools’ vegetable gardens we need garden hoses. (30-meter garden hose – Price per unit: USD 19.00 | need: 15)
- USD 350.00 – purchase of gardening tool kits for children: To engage the children in the project kids’ tools are essential (Price per kit: USD 7.00 | need: 50 kits)
- USD 416.00 – purchase of organic compost: For fertilizing the beds. (30-kilo bags | need: 25 bags)
- USD 680.00 – purchase of a lawn mower: We need a lawn mower for the schools’ gardens, one that can be easily transported. (Price of a lawn mower: UDS 680.00 | need: 1 lawn mower)
- USD 3,325.00 – purchase of a Tobata micro tractor: We need a small and versatile diesel-oil manually operated tractor that can be easily transported from school to school. (Price of a micro tractor: UDS 3,325.00 | need: 1 micro tractor)
Contribute with USD 28.00 to help buy seeds for the school gardens (4 packages, 250 grams each).