1. New cooperation, support, sponsorship and agreements
No new cooperation were established in this period.
2. Visits to the project in May, June and July 2014
August, 4, 2014: Giulia Pereira Patitucci – University of São Paulo (USP)
3. Media coverage on the School Gardens Project
Media did not contact the project.
4. Major donations in cash
- Fundação Cargill– already existing contract – USD 13,636.00 – for May, June, and July 2014
5. For the coming month we need resources in cash amounting to
- USD 48.00 – purchase of vegetable seedlings: Use of seedlings is intensive, as Brazil’s tropical climate allows us to plant every two months. (Styrofoam boxes each containing 288 vegetable seedlings | Price per box: USD: 4.80 | need: 10 boxes)
- USD 48.00 – purchase of protection screens: For protecting the beds from the sun and heavy rain. (20- by 10-meter screen | need: 1 screen)
- USD 105.00 – purchase of hoes: Necessary to make the furrows. (Price per unit: USD 7.00 | need: 15 hoes)
- USD 105.00 – purchase of digging blades: Necessary for laying out the beds. (Price per unit: USD 7.00 | need: 15 digging blades)
- USD 286.00 – purchase of irrigation hoses: To irrigate theschool’ gardenswecurrently needregulargarden hoses. (One roll measures 30metersand costs: USD 19,06|need:15 rolls
- USD 350.00 – purchase of gardening tool kits for children: To engage the children in the project kids’ tools are essential (Price per kit: USD 7.00 | need: 50 kits)
- USD 416.00 – purchase of organic compost: For fertilizing the beds. (30-kilo bags | Prize per bag: UDS: 16.64 | need: 25 bags)
- USD 680.00 – purchase of a lawn mower: We need a lawn mower for the schools’ gardens, one that can be easily transported. (Price of a lawn mower: UDS 680.00 | need: 1 lawn mower)
- USD 3,424.00 – purchase of a Tobata micro tractor: We need a small and versatile diesel-oil manually operated tractor that can be easily transported from school to school. (Price of a micro tractor: UDS 3,424.00 | need: 1 micro tractor)
Contribute with USD 28.00 to help buy seeds for the school gardens (4 packages, 250 grams each).