1. New cooperation, support, sponsorship and agreements
Agreement between CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER and two horse breeders: The horse farms and hostels produce a great quantity of organic material which, today, is transformed into organic composts used in CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER’ gardens.
2. Visits to the project in January 2014
6.1.2014: Luiz Felipe Pacheco, Executive director of NGO Horizonte Fértil, a startup in the field of transforming non-industrial waste (food scraps from restaurants, malls, street markets, cafeterias, etc) into organic compost.
Clayton França, student of Environmental Management, São Paulo, Brazil
Anja Adler, NGO Betterplace.org, Berlin, Germany
Tood Lester, artist and founder of Lanchonete.org, New York, USA
3. Media coverage on the Community Gardens Project
4. Major donations in cash
- Caixa Econômica Federal – previously existing contract – U$ 1,680 for January 2014
- Cargill Foundation – previously existing contract – U$ 1,680 – for January 2014
- Daniel Mettler, Sol Tierra Viva Foundation: CHF 15,000 (U$ 16,730)
5. For next month we need resources in cash amounting to
- U$ 1,880 – for purchasing inputs and other materials like seeds, seedlings, irrigation hoses, two irrigation pumps, and two 6 mm electric wire rolls
6. Donations of materials needed for next month
- U$ 2,100 – one new irrigation system for the Sapopemba Community Garden