1. New cooperation, support, sponsorship and agreements
- No new cooperation was established in this period.
2. Visits to the project in February, March and April 2015
23.03.2015: Bruno Anic – Faculty Carlos Drummond de Andrade – São Paulo/SP
25.03.2015: Juliana Lobrigato – Transpetro – São Paulo/SP
13.04.2015: Monica Neves and Jéssica Fiuza Marin Tenório – Foundation Nestlé Brazil – São Paulo/SP
09.04.2015: Dr. Cornelia Oschmann and PD Dr. Heide Hoffmann – Humboldt-University of Berlin – Berlin/Germany
3. Media coverage on the Community Gardens Project
Reports in English
- 16.03.2015: International Urban Food Network – http://www.iufn.org/en/iufninterview/dietertemp/
Reports in Portuguese
- 12.03.2015: Portal Sou Agro – http://souagro.com.br/agricultura-urbana-e-a-transformacao-dos-espacos/
- 11.04.2015: Sociedade Nacional de Agricultura – http://sna.agr.br/hortas-comunitarias-e-escolares-ganham-estimulo-com-projeto-cidades-sem-fome/
- 17.04.2015: Portal de Notícias CicloVivo http://ciclovivo.com.br/noticia/ong-leva-agricultura-urbana-a-regiao-carente-de-sp
- 07.05.2015: Portal de Notícias CicloVivo – http://ciclovivo.com.br/noticia/projeto-busca-doacoes-para-construir-hortas-em-escolas-publicas-de-sp
- 06.04.2015: Bom Dia São Paulo/Rede Globo – http://g1.globo.com/sao-paulo/bom-dia-sp/videos/t/edicoes/v/hortas-comunitarias-produzem-alimentos-baratos-e-ainda-geram-emprego-na-capital/4014114/
For other news stories, access our channel on YouTube.
4. Major donations in cash
No major donations were made over the period. Project activities were funded by non-earmarked donations. For further information, please check CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER website.
5. For the month to come we need resources in cash amounting to
- USD 48.00 – purchase of vegetable seedlings: Use of seedlings is intensive, as Brazil’s tropical climate allows us to plant every two months. (Styrofoam boxes each containing 288 vegetable seedlings | need: 10 boxes)
- USD 166.00 – purchase of rolls of electrical wire (6 mm): For the electrical connections of the irrigation systems. (100-meter rolls | need: 2 rolls)
- USD 347.00 – purchase of agricultural limestone: Agricultural limestone is used to correct soil acidity. (25-kilo bags | need: 25 bags)
- USD 832.00 – purchase of organic compost: Organic compost is used to fertilize the soil for growing vegetables. (30-kilo bags | need: 50 bags)
- USD 1,180.00 – purchase of irrigation hoses: One-inch hoses are the core of the irrigation system. (100-meter rolls of one-inch hose | need: 20 rolls)
- USD 1,495.00 – purchase of high-pressure irrigation pumps: Pumps are used to distribute water across the plot through the irrigation system. (Price for each irrigation pump: USD 747.50 | need: 2 irrigation pumps)
- You can contribute with USD 28.00 to buy seeds for the Community Gardens Project.