1. New cooperation, support, sponsorship and agreements
No new cooperation were established in this period.
2. Visits to the project in May, June and July 2014
There were no visitors.
3. Media coverage on the Agricultural Greenhouses Project
There was no media coverage over the period.
4. Major donations in cash
There were no donations in cash.
5. For the month to come we need resources in cash amounting to
- USD 48.00 – purchase of screws: Screws are required to hold the roof wooden structure over the greenhouse posts. (100 screws per package | Prize per package: USD 12.00 | need: 4 packages)
- USD 56.00 – purchase of a pressure stapler: The pressure stapler is used to attach plastic covers to the wooden roof/side structure. (Price per unit: USD 56.00 | need: 1 stapler)
- USD 63.00 – purchase of cement: Used to set the greenhouse posts (50-kilo bags | Prize per bag: USD 10.50 | 6 bags)
- USD 368.00 – purchase of a chainsaw: For cutting eucalyptus trees for the greenhouse. (Price per unit: USD 368.00 | need: 1 chainsaw)
- USD 222.00– purchase of iron bars: For stabilizing the PVC posts, iron bars are placed inside them. (Iron bar measures 2.80 meters, and number of bars varies according to the size of the greenhouse. | Prize per bar: USD: 4.62 | need: 48 iron bars)
- USD 486.00 – purchase of post-hole digger: For digging the holes where the posts will be set. (Price per unit: USD 486.00 | need: 1 unit)
- USD 733.00 – purchase of PVC pipes: Used as the greenhouse posts. Posts are stabilized with iron bars and cement inside and placed in holes in the ground. (Each pipe is 2.80 meters high, and the number of pipes depends on the size of the greenhouse. | Prize per pipe: USD: 15.27 | need: 48 PVC pipes)
- USD 1,088.00 – purchase of greenhouse plastic film: Greenhouse plastic film is used to cover the greenhouse frames. (Each roll of plastic film measures 105 by 12 meters and costs USD 362.00 | need: 3 rolls)
- USD 478.00 – purchase of lumber for greenhouse roof structure: Boards, rafters, and battens for the greenhouse wooden roof structure. (1 cubic meter of wood costs, on average, USD 13.65 | need: 35 cubic meters)
Help CITIES WITHOUT HUNGER build new agricultural greenhouses with alternative materials to improve the living conditions of needy communities by donating USD 209.00 to buy a hand-held power saw (Makita, Bosch, or similar) for cutting the wooden roof structure of the greenhouse.